Thursday, July 1, 2010

Goodbye bulk plant...

Finished our stint in the bulk plant today. In honor of our last day, Mario fed us all day--cookies, a breakfast taco, peanuts... He also made me promise to come back and visit him before I leave Conway. To sweeten the deal he said if I joined the company and came back to Conway, he'd take me on a Mexican vacation. Not for a whole week, mind you. He only get's five days off and so we'd probably just for for three. Heavens does this guy crack me up. As un-fun as bulk plant work is I may miss the guys a little. They made an effort to get us involved today and we got to help out with a few extra things today. I got a proper tutorial on filling liquid nitrogen, I learned a little more about how the mixing of cement works from inside the cube, and I helped make labels for the tanks of the trucks. We also collected samples and continued to fill the hopper and change hoses. Basic day really.

I did not go out on a job this evening as anticipated so tomorrow I'll just spend the day in the yard learning things about paperwork or whatever else they can find for me while Anjelica and Nick go out to the field (on call so who knows when). Not super exciting but it's the price I pay for the weekend off. If I get done early enough I'm going to drive up after work and hopefully attend a parade with Carrie in the morning! I'm crossing my fingers. So ready to just hang out with people...

No comments:

Post a Comment